Scriptwriting coaching/training programme in Residency for French speaking writers, directors and writer-directors.
CALL FOR PROJECTS deadline: Monday 2 December 2019 – NOON
At Le Groupe Ouest, on Brittany’s beaches (France), screenwriters are surrounded by a special attention, in residency at Plounéour-Brignogan-Plages in group sessions or individual follow-up. A meticulous approach to help them reach the essence of the story they carry.
The adventure began in 2008 and since then, hundreds of screenwriters and/or directors have been coached in Le Groupe Ouest’s Village of Writers. LE GROUPE OUEST’s Annual Selection has been the flagship feature film development programme for French speaking writers. Among the past participants of the programme, we find Leyla Bouzid, Christian Volckman, Pablo Agüero – the Argentinian director and his co-writer Katell Guillou, Cannes’s Golden Camera Houda Benyamina and her co-writer Romain Compingt (Divines), Ralitza Petrova (Godless), the Iranian Massoud Bakhshi, Alanté Kavaïté, Sabrina B. Karine and Alice Vial – writers of Les Innocentes, Lucile Hadžihalilović, as well as Claude Barras and his co-writers Nancy Huston and Morgan Navarro… whose first features were revelations!
Collective work, wind, tides and intimate exploration of each artistic proposal…: whether they arrive with projects at an early stage of development or more advanced stages, the screenwriters benefit from a real accelerator, to bring them to tell a story with both a strong narrative and consistent meaning…
At Le Groupe Ouest, are welcomed writers and filmmakers from all geographies, social origins, inspirations, to tell our world and give it to understand…
This call for projects is addressed to screenwriters, filmmakers and/or writer-directors, developing their first, second or third feature film, fiction & animation. They should have had at least one successful experience in screenwriting (animation, documentary and short film included), including selection at festival(s) of national or international level.
This call for projects is also addressed to writers from performing arts, literature and visual arts, whose works have been released and selected in national or international events.
The programme includes screenwriting coaching supervised by script-consultants, four workshops in Plounéour-Brignogan-Plages and online work sessions. Le Groupe Ouest’s project development and screenwriting coaching programme enables writers to benefit from:
- A nine-month follow-up of each project from April to December 2020, supervised by a main script-consultants and three complementary script-consultants, allowing for a constant exchange of perspectives and brainstorming of possibilities for each project, in addition to meticulous work on script development.
- A programme designed to help writers devote themselves full-time to their projects, far from daily life hassles.
- A chance to be part of a European venture of project development and co-production.
- A principle of exchange of readings between the writers at the same stages of project development, in the same place, spurting emulation between them, giving further impetus to the project.
- Public presentations of the works in progress: the opportunity to gauge audience reception for the first time.
Le Groupe Ouest European Film Lab
La Gare | 29890 Plounéour-Brignogan-Plages | contact[at]legroupeouest.com